Carbon Monoxide Alarm - CO Alarm

£19.99 Ex. VAT
£23.99 Incl. VAT
Including VAT Shipping calculated at checkout.

Carbon Monoxide alarms, also known as CO alarms, detect and warn of dangerous levels of Carbon Monoxide in a room.  Carbon Monoxide is an odourless poisonous gas that can quickly cause dizziness, drowsiness, organ failure and even death.  It is produced by fuel burning appliances such as gas fires and wood burning stoves.  These alarms give a vital early warning of potentially dangerous levels of CO in a room.

  • Battery operated

  • 7 year warranty (excludes battery)

  • Fixings and batteries included

  • Wall mounted

  • Kitemarked and CE approved

  • 85dB(A) siren


What is Carbon Monoxide?

Carbon monoxide (CO) is a highly poisonous gas that has no taste, colour or smell.  It is produced by:

  • Wood-burning stoves
  • Gas boilers and fires
  • Gas Hobs
  • Oil and coal burning appliances
  • Portable gas heaters
  • Blocked flues and chimneys
  • Fumes from integral garages
  • Barbecues

Carbon monoxide is a cumulative poison meaning long-term exposure to low levels may cause symptoms. This alarm is time-weighted – the higher the level of CO, the sooner it will alarm.

IMPORTANT!  This CO alarm is no substitute for proper maintenance of your appliances. Carbon monoxide can be produced from poorly burning appliances or from blocked flues and chimneys. If your alarm has sounded and you have ventilated the room the CO may have dispersed before help arrives. It is crucial that the source of CO is determined and appropriate maintenance carried out.


Alarm levels - as defined by EN50291-2010

 Parts per million (PPM) of CO Time until alarm
50 60-90 minutes
100 10-40 minutes
300 Less than 3 minutes


Effects of CO poisoning on the body

 Parts per million (PPM) Effects on adults
100 Slight headache, nausea, fatigue (flu-like symptoms)
200 Dizziness and headache within 2 – 3 hours
400 Nausea, frontal headache, drowsiness, confusion and rapid heart rate. Risk to life after over 3 hours of exposure
800 Severe headaches, convulsions, vital organ failures. Death possible within 2 – 3 hours


Important Safety Information

NOTE: If you recognise any of the above symptoms consult your Doctor immediately.

NOTE: Young children, elderly and pets are more susceptible to the dangers of CO.

NOTE: Your Kidde alarm is designed to detect CO gas. It is not designed to detect smoke, fire or other gas such natural gas.

NOTE: This product is intended for use in ordinary family homes. It is not designed to measure compliance with occupational safety and the HSE.

NOTE: Individuals with certain specific medical condtions may need an alarm that operates below 30ppm. If this applies consult your Doctor.

IMPORTANT: Ensure that all family members are familiar with the symptoms of CO poisoning and how your alarm works.


Product Specifications

 Power 3 x AA batteries (supplied)
Sensor Electrochemical CO Sensor

Depending on the ambient condition (temperature, humidity) and the condition of the sensor, the alarm readings may vary.

The digital readings tolerances are:

Ambient: 27°C +/- 12°C (80°F +/- 10°F), atmospheric pressure +/- 10%, 40% +/- 3% relative humidity

Temperature Range 0°C to 40°C
Humidity up to 90%RH (non-condensing)
Alarm At Least 85dB (A) at 1 metre@ 3.4 +/- 0.5 KHz pulsing alarm
Size & Weight Weight: 160g Dimensions: 118mm x 70mm x 40mm