We offer a comprehensive range of Fire Rated Air Transfer Grille Systems that are suitable for use in fire resisting doorsets and compartment walls for up to 60 minutes fire resistance.
In normal use, these Intumescent Grilles, often referred to as Intumescent Dampers, allow air to be circulated and moved throughout the building. During a fire the grilles are designed to close and provide a fire barrier to restrict the passage of hot gases.
Our Fire Rated Air Transfer Grille Systems are tested for 30 and 60 minutes fire resistance.
- Grilles are of a modular robust construction.
- The frames are constructed from Zintec Mild Steel [0.65mm thick] with matching Zintec clips.
- The system is easy to install and is maintenance free.
- The intumescent material is totally unaffected by water, robust, ‘non-flaking’ and difficult to tear.
Field of application
These Fire Rated Air Transfer Grille Systems have been specifically designed for use in the following applications:
- Fire resisting doorsets – 30 minutes and 60 minutes
- Compartment walls – up to 60 minutes fire resistance
The installer must ensure that the doorset/door blank has been tested with an aperture to accept an air transfer grille system for the required period of fire resistance.
- Cut the aperture in the door [The system shall be installed no closer than 150mm to the threshold and no higher than 1850mm].
- Line the aperture with a 6mm hardwood liner.
- Apply a bead of Intumescent Acrylic Sealant centrally and spread the acrylic across the full width of timber liner, to achieve a thickness of 0.5mm.
- Install the Fire Rated Air Transfer Grille into the aperture.
- Secure the system into place using steel pins [not supplied]. Alternatively, secure the system using self-tapping screws.
- Fit the cover plates on both faces of the door and secure with screws provided.
Independently tested by Warringtonfire for 30 and 60 minutes fire resistance. The system has been tested for positive and negative pressure planes, satisfying integrity performance for 30 and 60 minutes. Test Report No.146520/146521 and 148053 apply – combined within Assessment Report No.149511. Certifire CF549 accreditation applies.
Product Code: ATX150