Surface Mounted Intumescent Strip – now supplied on a roll in innovative handy boxes for easy storage and quick application.
Tested for 30 minutes fire protection to BS476: Part 22
- Extremely fast fitting – can be fitted in as little as 3 minutes
- No routing of door or frame – product is fitted with door in situ, so no carpentry experience is required
- No specialist tools required – just a knife!
- Colour coded brush for sleek installation
- Available from stock in White and Brown
- Complete with alcohol wipe and fire door stickers
- Brush can be removed to give a fire only seal
- Suitable for gaps between 3 and 5mm
- 5.2m long roll is enough for the top and 2 sides of a fire door
- 25mm wide, 1.8mm thick, 5mm long brush
Product Code: FS/SM/BR
Intumescent strip is vital for protecting the weakest point on a fire door – around the edges. Fitting intumescent strip to a fire door means that when fire strikes, the intumescent strip expands and forms a tight seal around the edge of the fire door, resisting the passage of fire and hot smoke. The removable brush also stops the passage of cold smoke. However, intumescent strip is often complicated, time consuming and messy to fit, requiring removal of the door, routing the door edge, fitting the strips, re-fitting the door, then a big clean up job!
This surface mounted product simply sticks on to the door frame and leaving no mess and requiring no tools except a sharp knife.
- Clean surfaces with alcohol wipe supplied to ensure they are free from dust and grease.
- Remove backing tape and position with brush against the door stop as indicated.
- Apply to both sides over hinges and latch plate. With a sharp knife cut around the latch plate allowing the door to engage. Apply to top of door frame cutting in corners ensuring a tight fit.
- For best results allow the adhesive to cure overnight.
- Apply fire door stickers enclosed.